FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX AA T-4 - TBIT secure airside connector (open Feb 2016)
Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:46 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by aztimm
When the agent printed my bp, he seemed surprised that I was leaving from gate 122. He said, "I think that is in the Bradley terminal." I said, "should I go outside and walk over?" He said, "go upstairs and I think there's a way to walk through."
Surprising that the agent wasn't yet familiar with the tBIT gates and the connector.

There was a pre-check security just above the preferred check-in, and it was rather efficient, 2 or 3 stations.
There are two ID checkers are two security lanes at that particular checkpoint, one for Pre-Check and one not. A bit further down the hall there is a larger Priority security screening area, and at the other end of the hall there is the main security screening area.

I kept following the signs for my gate, and I'd guess it was a solid 15 min brisk walk. There was some sort of bridge, then I went past many international gates (I noticed Turkish, probably others). Eventually I found my gate, which was way on the other side of the Bradley terminal, possibly even in the next building.
That's the TBIT. It's all one building, but it is big.