FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance AMS-SFO,LAX,SEA,ORD and many more USA dest. for €1080 (updated price)
Old Apr 20, 2016, 4:07 pm
bison1847

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Weird stuff, just got 1230.16 USD per ticket (3 tix) for AMS to IAD July 26-Aug 26

I originally chose that I was in NL with my NL Mobile etc as I am based here in NL(and it came back around the 1400 Euro mentioned) I then changed payment to my USA credit card and when I went to pay it said this is now repriced due to different country etc.

I also had the price lock offer for 7 days, (21.96) I selected it and went to pay being careful not to pay the ticket as I was thinking if I could hold for the next week maybe I get luck and something else opens up cheaper. Either way once I confirmed it came back with th e7 days clock but also saying the pricelock expires at 12:00AM Ams time on the 21st of April (so 30 minutes later as I booked this ticket at 11:30). Even stranger when I went to manage the ticket it showed it was already ticketed. I called 1800united1 and they said yes w eshow it paid and ticketed but we could refund you the price lock etc.

Either way really weird, I see I have ticket number now, so I guess it went through ok shame the site made it seem like you could price lock for 7 days though.