FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting / airport transit inside PEK Beijing Capital
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:45 am
vtski009

Originally Posted by qpr
If you transit through PEK by CA they will check through your bags in both ways (I think you are on 1 ticket?).
yes, qpr, it's on 1 ticket. thanks

Originally Posted by moondog
Welcome to FT, vtski!

5. Following are better routes between Los Angeles and Guangzhou
-China Southern (NONSTOP)
-Eva or China Airlines via Taipei
-Korean via Seoul
-Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong, though the return portion of this is a little dangerous if you fancy a reasonable connection
Thanks for the welcome and all the info, Moondog. I would prefer to take the CP LAX-HK direct a but since it's business I have to be mindful of the cost. On CP I would be limited to Premium Econ. so I have always opted for business with a connection. I definitely want to try the China Southern direct route next time. I guess at this point I would probably have accumulated miles to get upgrades on CP but I would want to save those for personal trips!

Originally Posted by sinoflyer
Welcome to FT!

IMO, many of the horror stories about PEK stem delays that expose the shortcomings of interlining between two airlines. Those are minimized when you are traveling on one airline, and especially CA, since PEK is its major base and has ample resources, such as staffing and other facilities, for service recovery. Good luck!
Sinoflyer, thanks for the welcome! The airport details you provided is very helpful, thank you. Glad that I am booked through on 1 ticket.