FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:36 am
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by jja34-1
I agree the hotel and beach staff are amazing and will do whatever they can to make a stay/day on the beach amazing. But they cannot move the surf, the palm trees or create a space where chairs are already located. Perhaps we are particular about the location of our beach chairs but a cabana is an inexpensive way to ensure a seat in a pre-selected spot, knowing that you will have a fair amount of personal space. It's also great in terms of having more shade than an umbrella can provide!
Again, I think the beach club conversation is separate from the resort discussion. $100-150/day is still a decent amount of money, and I wouldn't want someone to book a non-cancellable cabana based on misinformation

The beach club is a part of the resort, but it's only a small part. The beach club is on the far end of the hotel in front of the Sea Breeze restaurant. I'm not 100% positive, but I believe the beach club members are only permitted to use the pool on that end of the resort and that section of the beach near Mita Mary Bistro Boat. I think that's the case, because it's always much more crowded on that end of the beach and I would assume the beach club members would spread out more if they were allowed to.

For hotel guests, there is the main pool and an adult pool, as well as a stretch of beach that's probably 10 times longer than the portion near the beach club. As many (if not all) resort guests have noted, chairs and space are just not an issue. So there are reasons for hotel guests to book a cabana, but lack of chairs or space are not among them.