FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:36 am
Goodmorning2U

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Are you a new Diamond? If so, then I assume you don't understand how DSUs work. If the junior suite is available on the days that you are looking at, then you will have no problems using your DSU. When you are ready to book, you can look online at your dates to see if the suite is available. Then just call up HGP and book the suite. The biggest problem you will have is if the hotel has P+C availability for your dates. This is standard throughout all Hyatt hotels.

If you already know your dates and points, why not just book it now? If you cancel within the cancellation period, you will get back all your points and your DSU.
Hi, and thank you. Yes, I am already booked using Cash and Points. What I'd like to know is does every Diamond call in every day to see if there is suite availability and then ask them to apply the DSU? It seems like they should have an automatic system which applies the upgrade when it becomes available.

And, does anyone have experience/success or lack there of for suites becoming available?