FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CNN: Best and worst passports
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2016, 6:47 am
Efrem
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Originally Posted by CPRich
Glad I wasn't the only who noticed that. "#10" Iceland has 25 countries rated better.

Anyone know the 3 countries that like Germans and not Americans? I tried to hunt for the list, going to the source site, but couldn't find it (their "color coded" maps are less than useless). I did find Wiki pages with visa info, but cross-referencing the two was way too much work due to formatting issues pasting in Excel.
Aren't you missing a zero after the 3? Plenty of countries, I reckon...
No missing zero. A US passport lets you into 174 countries without a visa. A German passport lets you into 177. Those are the numbers in the original article. If they're wrong, they're wrong, but CPRich cited the article correctly, and they're not likely to be off by a factor of 10.

That said, it's unlikely that the list for Germany is the U.S. list plus three. There's surely a great deal of overlap, but I suspect that some countries allow U.S. visitors without visas but not Germans, and other countries (three more) allow German visitors without visas but not Yanks.