FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Long Beach, CA [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:58 pm
EnvoyBoy

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I stayed here earlier this year. I liked it. It was ok.
That would be a summary of my three night experience.

Nice enough folks but not really a sharply run outfit. Quick to respond but not very proactive. Seems recently renovated but small things like broken door handles is rather unimpressive. Good location in the heart of restaurants and bars.

Only real complaint is lack of SPG recognition. Huge hotel with views of the water on the one side and mountains/town on the other. I, however, was given a room at the very end looking right into the offices of the building on the other side of the sidewalk. Furthermore, late check-out was denied (even though I was only asking for 2pm, not 4pm).

It's not like you have other Starwood options in Long Beach and they seem to know it. There are a couple Marriott options so this property may lose loyalty post-merger when there's more than one choice in town.

UPDATE: due to an unimpressive check-in experience, the very nice front desk agent offered to give me the Plat breakfast by way of apology in addition to my initial choice of 500 points. When my stay posted, I did not get the 500 points and it was noted I chose the breakfast instead. I contacted the hotel and got no response. Unimpressive even after I'd left.

Last edited by EnvoyBoy; Apr 27, 2016 at 11:53 am