FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL - Hot Cabin
Thread: JAL - Hot Cabin
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:42 pm
Superguy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I think that the notion of 'Western' is somewhat complex too. Many Europeans find US air conditioning habits bewildering and room temperatures across the pond freezing. Beyond individual variations, I think that there is a big clash of preferences between average US and average Japanese temperature norms. Most Europeans fit somewhere in between. I tend to prefer slightly cooler with a bit more of a duvet but on JL, duvets tend to be very thin and I have more than occasionally needed to ask for a second one.
Similarly, I thought it was crazy when I went to the UK and found out that the hotel didn't have AC but in the common areas. Just had a fan. It wasn't bad as it was still late spring, but had it been summer I would have found a different hotel. I don't get what's hard about having a thermostat and allowing the guest to adjust it to their individual comfort level.

On a plane, that's more difficult, but I liked that AA had fairly cool air coming out of the vents. It was there if you wanted it, but otherwise comfortable. A blanket or sweater would have kept the warmer crowd happy.

I dunno - just seems there's a lot more to do to make one warm than to try to cool down. YMMV.