FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Metropolitan, Paris, Tribute Portfolio [Master Thread]
Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:45 pm
Sphinx

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Just checked out today, and am similarly impressed by the hotel. I had attempted to get an SNA cleared for the top floor suite, but this suite turned out to have been placed in the SNA pool by mistake and the upgrade request was declined. However, the hotel still upgraded me to a normal Eiffel Tower view suite without using SNAs. To me the room did not seem tired or worn at all, though the triangular layout takes a bit of getting used to. Where the hotel excels, especially in relation to Paris's other starwoods, is in the service orientation of its staff. Every staff member in the hotel was very pleasant and clearly happy to go the extra mile to make the guests feel welcome and comfortable. This is true across the board and in all of the hotel's departments. The location is great, close to Trocadero and the Eiffel Tower, but in any case using Uber made getting around really easy in Paris. The fact that a boutique hotel of this size has a pool is also a major plus! The only thing that must change is that the hotel only has one type of pillow - the relatively hard foam type. Being used to sleeping on down pillows, this made it a bit uncomfortable for me. I congratulate Starwood for adding this hotel to its portfolio and will make it my preferred choice in Paris.

Originally Posted by Opaks
I immensely liked the hotel. Was there the second day it moved to starwood. Excellent BRG rate and SNA cleared to Eiffel-tower view suite (I think my ambassador was involved). The restaurant was also excellent and I liked the spa/pool. I can confirm, however, some of the "wear" mentioned above such as not-working telephone, loose power sockets, missing plug for bathtub, a broken light bulb, strange heating thermostat (no setting below 25°C possible), no room service menu etc.; and strangely the stay was not posted so far to my SPG account. However, these are only minor points, and considering that this was the less expensive starwood property in Paris at this time, clearly extremely good value.