FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My first BA mileage run. Help map my airport journeys
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:07 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks for the update. The closure of that Connection channel at DUB is a mystery indeed, particularly when the reopened it. I've not seen it closed, it's specifically for the inbound USA services so it would be silly to be out of service when you had just arrived. Being 10 minutes late wouldn't strike me as a good reason, but never mind, it still worked.

Originally Posted by StarlightSusan
I boarded the A380 to LAX and at no time did anyone ask me any of the usual questions or put a sticker on my BP. Is this because I printed it at home or because I had cleared C&I at DUB?
That's no mystery: the Q and A / sticker routine is reserved just for US based airlines, no-one else bothers, though everyone has to do the SSSS routine at least notionally. The story goes that when the US DoT was trying to persuade Air France to introduce these controls their response was "But why would anyone willingly go to the USA anyway?" and that was the end of that.