FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Poor MileagePlus Reply on Lifetime Balance
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:12 am
mdjtlj

Programs: UA 2 Million Miler, UA 1K, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Poor MileagePlus Reply on Lifetime Balance

Greetings,

I'm pretty upset at the OnePass folks for the reply today that I received for an inquiry.

== My Original Inquiry ==
I've noticed that my million miler mileage balance has not changed in many months and I know that I've flown many thousands of miles since I started to notice this, can you tell me why it is not updating?

== OnePass Reply ==

(Canned Pleasantry)

Your Lifetime miles of 1,8xx,xxx is correct.

== My Reply to their Reply ==
Many thanks for providing absolutely no information. I’ve watched the balance be the same for months, yet you just indicate that it is correct, no details as to when it will update or what the last flight was credited or any other shred of information that might just provide a nugget of information to assure the balance is correct. I’m supposed to take your word that it is correct when I’ve been watching it for months now?

I’m going to ignore your response which you masquerade around as an answer and take my question and concerns an alternative route that might actually just give me actual answers.

== Question to the Flyertalk Community ==
  • Is the Mileage Balance batch processing periodically?
  • How long have you had to wait to see things appear in your balance?
  • Any success of getting a listing of what flights are actually credited?

What infuriates me the most about this is the question was never actually answered. Being involved in ERPs and large databases, I can tell you that I for a fact know that they have incremental data that makes up the Lifetime accumulator. Perhaps the agent doesn't have access to this, but they could certainly reply that they don't have access and point the inquiry to the right direction.

Seems me like they get credit for each inquiry that they reply to (without any regards to substance).

Last edited by J.Edward; Apr 16, 2016 at 9:31 am