FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possible relocation to Dallas
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:17 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
I disagree with this. I feel the Dallas side and suburbs are better for my lifestyle and I have lived in and around both cities. I have lived from Fort Worth, Hurst, Grapevine, Coppell, Dallas, up and down to McKinney, Plano, Frisco and Uptown. I did skip over Arlington and far west Fort Worth suburbs. My favorites areas to live are Uptown, Addison, Grapevine and Dallas.

Liquor laws have changed, you can get a drink anywhere in Dallas and Collin County if the restaurant wants to get a liquor license. If they don't have a liquor license a lot of restaurants are BYOB. You may have to drive over to the next city for a liquor store but you are talking 5 or 10 minutes. So I don't know what you exactly mean by dry, wine and beer sales are everywhere.

After 16 years of moving from one area to another I landed in Far North Dallas and just love it on the Dallas side.

I love it here, Dallas has a lot of activities you can do. The people area friendly, I have found it be easy to make friends here and find people to socialize with.
"Activities" = drinking and mechanical bull riding? (Not that drinking isn't a favored activity in other places too.)