FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possible relocation to Dallas
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:02 pm
MissJoeyDFW

Originally Posted by csufabel
Fort Worth suburbs and Tarrant County are far better than Dallas and Dallas County. If you want to live north of Dallas (Frisco, Alllen) which your lifestyle may require, then that's your decision.

There are plenty of chain restaurants, so you will have a pool if you relocate

Tarrant County is not that dry, but some places are. Dallas and Collin (North Dallas) still have Dry parts too.
I disagree with this. I feel the Dallas side and suburbs are better for my lifestyle and I have lived in and around both cities. I have lived from Fort Worth, Hurst, Grapevine, Coppell, Dallas, up and down to McKinney, Plano, Frisco and Uptown. I did skip over Arlington and far west Fort Worth suburbs. My favorites areas to live are Uptown, Addison, Grapevine and Dallas.

Liquor laws have changed, you can get a drink anywhere in Dallas and Collin County if the restaurant wants to get a liquor license. If they don't have a liquor license a lot of restaurants are BYOB. You may have to drive over to the next city for a liquor store but you are talking 5 or 10 minutes. So I don't know what you exactly mean by dry, wine and beer sales are everywhere.

After 16 years of moving from one area to another I landed in Far North Dallas and just love it on the Dallas side.

I love it here, Dallas has a lot of activities you can do. The people area friendly, I have found it be easy to make friends here and find people to socialize with.