FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Airlines: the worst of Europe?
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:31 am
FT Guest xyzpdq

Originally Posted by nsfw
I've flown DY the past two summers on long haul and everything has been fantastic. I'm going to use them again this summer. The prices can't be beat and I have been able to upgrade at the counter for premium at a great rate.
I could care less if baggage and counter people are contractors. Yes, they couldn't answer questions like how much is the premium upgrade on other days.. or how often do people get it.. but I don't care.
Almost sounds like the OP is a Union member upset about DY's hiring practices.
Bonus if you know how to travel for a week on holiday with just an overhead bag.
Good on you - and the best of luck this summer. I have flown DY many times in Europe. And most of the times as a happy chap. But when it goes wrong - it always goes very wrong. And DY could not care less. The problem with DY long haul is that when it goes wrong (and it does quite a few times) it goes very wrong indeed. Sit in airports for days - on your own dime. And then you have to bring them court to get them to cough up the money that is rightfully yours. I would be very hard pressed to go with DY longhauls. Was temted this winter with a direct flight to Florida (from CPH) - but prices were on part with a SK/UA - and then the choice was very easy. Would gladly make a detour via ORD to avoid DY. And it so happened that SK had a timing issue - but one simple call and not waiting and the issue was solved. Where do you call if you want to reach DY???

And no I am not a union member or fan. I just value my time and money too much to be bother with DYs long haul crap.

Good luck this summer - you will need it.