FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetSmarter - discussion and experiences
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:46 pm
oenophilist
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jalpajalpa
Empty legs... Every charter brokerage out there has access to the empty legs. The actual plane operators are doing everything in their power to fill them! There isn't some secret stash that JetSmarter has... Markets are efficient and those plane operators are talking to people around the country/world working to fill them. I spoke to my jet broker and he gave me a list of all the empty legs out there at any given moment. He also showed me emails written by sales guys from JetSmarter looking for flights. Humans using keyboards. Not super cool algorithms and tech. There is no magic, just magical marketing. Maybe it might be easier to use an app to send a request, but I can text my broker and he responds in a few minutes. I also know the year, make and model of the plane along with the safety rating. I also don't pay an initiation fee and membership fee! What a joke.

People hangs their hopes on buying seats. This is a fishing expedition. They will cancel when they cannot find a plane that makes sense to them. There is no harm in them going fishing for passengers because if they cannot find a plane to make money they just cancel. All the while you keep paying that membership fee. This is a bottom feeding business plan. Almost like a Ponzi scheme. Just get as many people paying that membership fee as you can.

Sharing a private jet is not flying private, it is worse than commercial. It is a flying bus. Anyone who has flown regularly on various sized planes would never share it with strangers... Who wants to knock knees with a stranger while you are facing them?!?! Who sits on the couch while others get a chair? What happens when you are with your wife and there are six 30 year old finance guys half drunk ready to party? I don't understand the concept. If you are doing this to save time and be efficient, then don't you want to leave when you want to leave, not when the scheduled flight leaves???

They advertise, advertise, market, and give out free legs to "celebrities" who post on instagram and twitter. Smoke and mirrors. You guys do what you want, but none of this makes sense to me.
Tell us how you really feel!

As a six month JetSmarter member, I have to say that I disagree with 95% of your post. It sounds more like a rant to me. The only thing that I agree with is that you can purchase empty legs on the open market. In fact, I monitor empty leg sales in order to help predict what is going to show up on JetSmarter. As to sharing a private jet over commercial, I'll take the private jet share anytime!