FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:24 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pdac1975
Hello all,
Quick confirmation. Wife and I are traveling DCA-LHR through DTW in J. I have an SC membership but my wife does not. Would we just have access to the lounge at DTW or also at DCA? Any DTW lounge recommendations? We will honestly probably just get dinner but thought I'd check. Thanks!
You can use the SC at DCA and any/all SCs at DTW. There's also an arrival lounge arrangement at LHR: IIRC Yotel or take the tube to the other DL terminal for the DL arrivals lounge. You should get an email from DL about LHR arrangements.

The SC at the center of the A terminal at DTW is the largest and is likely to be closest to your gate for LHR. It also has the longest hours, but if it seems crowded or noisy, you could take the red overhead train to the SC on either end, but watch for early closing and weekend hours.

There should be substantial F&B in all SCs, including two kinds of soup.

I'd plan on enjoying the D1 dinner that will be served soon after takeoff, with orders being taken by the purser during boarding. Don't eat dinner in the airport.