FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:29 am
Troopers

Originally Posted by AmeriKop45
I am extremely paranoid about Chase noticing me and shutting me down. With regard to that, I had a couple of questions:

1) I read above that even with small amounts at office stores, there is a chance to get shutdown. I don't cycle my cl, do MO payments or anything like that. I do however buy Visa GCs at Staples.com 6x$300 twice every three months. My other spend on the Ink is minimal. I would say 90-95% of my spend on Ink is the staples purchases. Am I being too defensive?
2) Should I try to switch up the amounts of GCs every month so that it is not the same exact amount every month?

My CL is 10K on the Ink. Have 6 other Chase cards and about 300K in UR (i mention this because I also read DPs about Chase shutting people with high UR balances down). Just haven't had the time to use them in the past year.

Ideally I would like to do $1500-$2000 on the Ink at staples.com every month.
What is your stated income(s)? What is your monthly spend on Chase cards? And monthly spend on other cards?