FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me plan my honeymoon - Italy/Monte Carlo
Old Dec 15, 2002, 7:53 pm
jonhoram
Suspended

Help me plan my honeymoon - Italy/Monte Carlo

I have recently found FlyerTalk and have learned a tremendous amount from all of you. So before I begin, thank you!

After 3 months of trying to coordinate flight schedules and FF rewards, I finally booked a reservation for my honeymoon! We are going to Northern Italy in late August (flying home September 1). We are flying Iberia (biz class) from JFK-MAD-VCE, returning on BA/AA from NCE-LHR-JFK.

The only things I know for sure at this point are (1) we are staying at the Gritti Palace in Venice for 3 nights, and (2) after that, we are going to Lake Como and staying at Villa D'Este for 2-3 nights (3 if I have my way). We would then like to head down to the Riviera for 5 nights before spending our final night in Monte Carlo (ideally at the Hotel de Paris) and flying home from NCE.

If any of you have any suggestions on where to stay/what to do/where to eat, etc. please let me know. In particular, I would love suggestions of hotels and towns on the Italian Riviera. And, yes, I know I should go to Italy in the off season, but unfortunately the wedding date is set in stone.

Thanks in advance!

JHO