FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amenity Kit and Pyjamas
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:28 pm
London_traveller

Here's some info on my recent QR flights on what was/wasn't provided:

QR10 - LHR 08:50 - DOH 18:35: blanket and pillow provided at seat (along with standard amenity kit), no slippers or PJs. I did request to see what would happen but they said they don't stock on day flights (fair enough)

QR806 - DOH 01:05 - NRT 16:55: everything provided: already at seat at the start was a blanket, pillow, mattress topper and a light duvet in a cotton cover. PJs offered at start in two sizes - S/M and M/L (maybe they had other larger sizes but made a judgement call based on me/my partner..), along with amenity kit

QR807 - NRT 22:20 - DOH 04:05: blanket, pillow and mattress topper provided at seat. Amenity kit offered. But no PJs and no duvet! Pretty poor for what is obviously a night flight (we asked)

QR003 - DOH 07:45 - LHR 13:15: blanket and pillow at seat and amenity kit offered. Nothing else

I was really irritated by the lack of any PJs on the NRT-DOH flight. Also the duvet but not as much as the PJs. Had I known I'd have taken some on board with me. As it was I had to sleep in my normal clothes and wasn't particularly comfortable. Grrr. I'm thinking of lodging a complaint, for this reason and also the service on board the DOH-LHR flight - the attendant on my partner's side of the cabin was not good throughout the flight. The final annoyance being she forgot to retrieve his coat at the end, which was at the back of the cabin (we were in 12EF on an A380), so ended up being the last off board and therefore back of the queue for immigration. I know it's not major in the scheme of things but I was surprised at poor crew, given everything I've read on FT about QR service standards