FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amenity Kit and Pyjamas
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:10 pm
flyyme

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Well, everyone to their own, I guess. I personally much prefer the Valrhona bars to the Godiva pralines one used to get, and more generally find Valrhona chocolate very significantly superior to Godiva.

Of course, I fully understand that everyone have their own preference and indeed, that many people will prefer pralines to chocolate bars, but for what it's worth, whilst Godiva have been effective at global commercial distribution, they are typically considered a very average brand of industrial pralines in Belgium. By contrast, Valrhona is probably the single most respected brand of widely available chocolate bars and is used in many if not most top restaurants across the world. The very fact that the two sell for equivalent price by the weight while pralines are typically much fancier products than bars says something about the cost of the actual chocolates sourced and used by the two companies.
I guess the best Belgian chocolates don't get distributed but are found walking around Brussels!