FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:56 pm
JBa

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Just returned from a two night stay at this fabulous place. I booked a Deluxe HV and was upgraded to a Deluxe HV Suite. Really impressive. I liked the service with the free cell phone giving me internet coverage all over HKG and free calls back home. Room, service, housekeeping, everything excellent. The construction is not anyhow disturbing and I cannot understand the comments about long ways to walk. From the hotel to the MTR it takes me less than five minutes, to the Star Ferry less than 10 minutes.

I was, however, a bit disappointed about the lounge. I had never used that before, however, for free, one can certainly take advantage of it. It as not bad - don't get me wrong - but certainly not worth all the overjoyed comments. Breakfast was not better than in several other places (i know, some Americans will be delighted about a steak at breakfast), food in the evening to my impression not en par with places like Sydney, Paris, Berlin or even Frankfurt.

I would prefer the breakfast in the restaurant without hesitation. Cocktails and fancy drinks were nice, but I would not pay an arm and a leg for the evening offerings.
HI FL,
Looking at their website I do see that they charge a fee to have access to the club lounge.
What you are reporting, it seems that it is not worth paying extra for the lounge and rather have breakfast in the restaurant. IIRC the Peninsula is across the street, so having breakfast there is always an option.
Still planning on staying at the hotel and book a deluxe HV room