FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lisbon?
Thread: Lisbon?
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:48 am
Ezeiza

Programs: SK Diamond *G
Regarding Palacio Belmonte: Rather than focusing on what it does not offer, I consider it a different experience compared to a traditional luxury hotel. In that sense, a luxury B&B is not necessarily worse then a full service luxury hotel such as for example FS Ritz where you have a number of restaurants, spa, etc. Palacio Belmonte does not have its own restaurant. A full breakfast is served in your room, one of the impressive halls or in the garden. Your choice. As far as I recall, lunch and dinner could also be arranged in the Palacio. We ventured out based on recommendations and arrangements from the wonderful and personal staff. The beautiful garden has a small pool and the views over Lisbon from the terraces are mesmerising. I really liked FS Ritz as well, although it is a much more traditional luxury hotel experience that can also be found elsewhere. That being said, the hotel has a distinct mid-century flair to it much rooted in history. It was built in 1959 by Dictator Salazar to prove that Lisbon could do luxury as well as any other European capital. I am aware that some people do not like these old-school elements, but I found it interesting.

Last edited by Ezeiza; Apr 13, 2016 at 11:55 am