FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Exploretrip issue 4/8/16 - Who all got in?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:48 pm
epocalize

Originally Posted by LadyinMT
Hi everyone,

I'm stumbled on this thread after purchasing some very reasonable US-> Europe tickets through ExploreTrip.com (via hipmunk.com) on 4/10. I received a GDS PNR # from exploretrip and when I plug the number into delta.com, my flight details seem legit. However, I'm very concerned that exploretrip hasn't charged my credit card yet. I've sent 2 emails to them in the last two days with no response, and when I called them today, the gentleman wasn't able to provide me with any information and said someone from his team would be calling me back.

My trip isn't until August so I have some time to get this figured out... I'm just concerned now that the super deal I stumbled upon was a scam but based on what I'm seeing in this forum, exploretrip.com is legit. Can someone confirm? I already booked accommodations based on the "Confirmation" email from ExploreTrip.com so I'm hoping everything doesn't fall through. Argh!

Best,

~Heather
I booked through Explore Trip as well and it took about 36 hours, give or take, for my card to get charged and for me to receive my actual e-ticket.

Best to wait to make future plans until your card gets charged and until you get the e-ticket - even wait a bit longer just to make sure the airline doesn't yank the error fare bookings.

Hope this helps! Best of luck.