FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China 24, 72, and 144 hour Transit Without Visa ("TWOV") rules master thread
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:41 am
BinSabai

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Now, I can understand that long queues happen, but I've never experienced anything like that in PEK. Do you really mean you had to queue for the immigration counter 1.5hrs? Since they do have only 2 or 3 lanes (in a wide hall) going to all counters, it's not like you could have catched a slow lane (Greetings to Singapore here, where I seem to always catch the slowest one ) - if it was 1.5hrs, it was 1.5hrs for everyone.
two weeks ago when I flew out of PEK this was quite different: after the train, people were queuing in about 5 lanes (30-40 meters queue) just to get into the "snake" lines (there were also about 5 compartments with snake lines), which went to around 3 immigration counters each. Total chaos after immigration lines with nervous security staff sending people to different snake lines; there were express lines for people without bags on rollers, but they were not fast at all. total about 8 security lines but slow as hell. after the passport check (for security) another 10 minutes in line before scanning bags
I had around 80 minutes from check in to the departure hall (Friday afternoon)