FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Moments [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:09 am
boognish24

Programs: bonvoy lifetime titanium, not much else anymore
Originally Posted by BOSTransplant
I'm a little confused on this Moment: https://auction.starwoodhotels.com/m...ls/moment/2358

"If you are one of the top three bidders for this package, you will have the opportunity to submit an audition tape, of you singing "The Star Spangled Banner", to the Cubs for review. One of the three will be selected by the Cubs to sing before the July 18 Cubs vs. Mets game. The other two top bidders will get their Starpoints back and a pair of tickets each to the SPG Luxury Suite for a game of their choice during the second half of regular-season play."

Based on the text, it seems like if you have no desire to sing the national anthem, you can bid in the top three, submit the all time worst video of you singing the national anthem (thus guaranteeing you won't be picked), and then get all of your Starpoints back as well as free tickets to another game. I guess the biggest risk is if you get three people all using this strategy and the video you submit somehow happens to be less terrible than the other two, then you're out the points and you have to perform in front of thousands of people.
I never read the description of that moment, but that is hilarious and awesome.