FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt House Charleston/Historic District REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:13 pm
River in Sight

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Hyatt House Charleston/Historic District REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

I spent two nights at the Hyatt House last weekend - needed to be in town for a wedding, and everything was $400+ per night. After repeated checking, I managed to get the Hyatt House for Cash & Points - I needed a 1BR suite, so I booked the base room on C&P and the hotel charged me an extra $50 per night, which I thought was very reasonable, to confirm right into the 1BR suite in advance.

I've stayed in a few Hyatt Houses and I was impressed with the finishes of the suite that we had. It was on a corner with lots of windows and nice living, working, and cooking (tho we didn't use that aspect) areas. The bathroom finishes were also a step above the other Hyatt Houses I've been in. I slept very comfortably and although there was a note warning about construction noise, I didn't hear anything from the outside.

This hotel is on the outer edge of the lively areas in Charleston, but I thought the location was great - there was plenty in walking distance. Additionally, the staff was really friendly, professional, and helpful - everyone was trying to make the stay nice. Breakfast was typical Hyatt House though they have a (relatively) larger space than normal, plus outdoor seating with a fire pit.

This property exceeded my expectations of a Hyatt House and I would definitely return.