FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:36 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by thetaxman
Email from BRG team says I have to book the lowest rate on hyatt.com to be eligible.

"After researching, I was unable to validate your submission based on your reservation has not been booked for the lowest possible rate on Hyatt.com. Based on our newly updated terms and conditions, you must book the lowest rate on Hyatt.com in order for your claim to be considered.

Lydia Phillips
Global Contact Center - Omaha
9805 Q Street
Omaha, Nebraska"

The lowest rate on hyatt.com was for advanced purchase and totally non-refundable - as confirmed with a rep by phone.

So is it now the case that we have to complete a non-refundable reservation to obtain any BRG benefit?
Oh my this could be a Catch-22 game-changer. We'd have to book a non-refundable hyatt.com reservation in order to gamble on whether we can get a BRG, and if the BRG does not go through we'd then be stuck with the hyatt.com reservation???