FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Shin-Osaka Station Japan [Master Thread]
Old Apr 11, 2016, 4:43 am
yeekin

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
Thanks all for the information. I did stay at this location over the Easter Weekend. My notes as follows:
1. Location wise, can't beat this if you are using the JR rail/Shinkansen network to reach Osaka as well as Kyoto, Kobe etc. If you need to use the subway, it is slightly closer. I was worried about climbing up and down stairs especially coming from the Shinkansen network (lift down from platform to gates) but believe me it is one of the better hotels that is connected to the railway station. Yes the macdonalds is a good reference. The only beef is that when it rains then you would need to walk a 30-50 meter stretch in the rain which is unsheltered
2. Kids. I was seriously worried as I was bringing my 2 children aged 2 and 4 to the hotel. No extra charge. Unlike the horror reference stories I heard from the Courtyard Tokyo Thread.
3. Elite Member Benefits. The breakfast as mentioned is good with a mixture of east and western food. Made to order items include eggs (poached, sunny etc), waffles, western pancakes (must try) and Vietnamese pho noodles. Juices, bread, cold cuts, sausages etc. Took my 3 days breakfast at the lava rock.
4. Lounge. Lounge was pretty empty in the day with softdrinks and energy drinks (monster) ready all day long with nuts, pretzels and chocolate sweets. In the evening there is some takoyaki (octopus balls being Osaka) and other minor hot food served. The best takeaway from the lounge is the view especially if you are a Shinkansen Fan with Shinkansen moving in and out. Try to see the view at least once in the day and night. Happy hours in the evenings with the Alcohol of canned beer, wines and hard liquor, yes there is Japanese Suntory Whiskey.
5. Room. As mentioned before, one of the larger rooms which I had during my stay in Japan, and not the typically Japanese room size.

If anyone needs any reference in terms of photos, I would be happy to post them.