FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 787-9 (789): Discussion of AA 787-9
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:41 am
Longboater

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by JDiver
Nope. There are more informed people, such as Longboater and JonNYC, in this thread already so I'm watching, too.

I am guessing the 789s may have PE "out of the box", and if the 789 launches on time AA probably has made a seat manufacturer selection, agreement and MOU - just not a releasable contract yet? Still some legal maneuvering? I hope the go fairly OEM after the Zodiac "we need a custom seat" debacle.
I re-read the W press release and sounds like W will be factory installed on the 787-9. The tentative 789 configuration was 28J/261Y. W on the 789 is three rows of 2-3-2, so the number of MCE seats will go down unless one row of Y is removed. My guess is that the new 789 configuration will be 28J/21W/234Y with only a few rows of MCE to make room for W. We should hear something soon about the new seat in J as the the first 789 for AA is scheduled to undergo final assembly in just a couple of months.