FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}
Old Apr 10, 2016, 5:45 am
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by dingo
I'm a new diamond and had thought about this hotel. From what I'm reading, I'm second guessing that thought.

I would be staying with my wife and five year old daughter. I would be looking to book with points, and would want a confirmed suite. So I'd be spending more points to book the room, if HHonors allows for booking a suite with points; do they?

The no breakfast thing for diamonds; that's pretty amazing. Very Marriott like.

I guess my only real question is, at this hotel what types of suites can be booked with extra points for awards?
Hi dingo, welcome to diamond ^

You can indeed guarantee a suite with cash or points. I just checked on the website for the hotel and an example would be that a basic room is 80k points, an imperial floor room (with the associated lounge access would be 155k, and an alcove suite was showing 244k points. There were other suites showing but you would need to call to check the points rate.

Any Hilton chain hotel will let you book 'premium' rooms (better rooms or suites) for a factor more than the standard rooms, whether you find these value for money or not is subjective but most here do not do this as the points rate is not consider good value. (and assuming availability on the dates you check). I do not believe there are any rooms/suites available in any Hilton chain hotel that are not available for points at some time but the rates can beggar belief.

Re: Breakfast: unfortunately, a Waldorf or Waldorf Astoria brand hotel within the Hilton chain do not provide any breakfast to diamonds / golds as a rule. It is a long standing contentious issue to us but that is the way it is. There are some exceptions such as the Waldorf Caledonia in Edinburgh which does provide breakfast but it is not a guaranteed benefit according to the program.

Any other Hilton chain hotel will provide you (as a diamond) with some breakfast (whether the real thing and a full breakfast, or a continental, or simply a voucher to use at some local place in some places.

Hope these points help. Enjoy your stay in Rome, a brilliant city regardless of where you stay.