FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2016-17)
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:57 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gw14
Kept track of my rewards and notice some expired a day before they should have. I have screen shots showing the expiration dates. Called up the fuel rewards number and they said they are having an issue with point being expired too soon. They credited back my points with another 30 days of life.
While sometimes curmudgeonly, the Giant gas rewards desk will generally help you with problems. I just had a bunch of points expire on me because I was unexpectedly out-of-town. The agent said she could make a "one time exception" for me and restored the points (new 30 day expiration). They can see your account history, though, so I don't think this will work multiple times.

Meanwhile, I've finally used up almost all my ebay gift cards (if you fly AA, buying egift cards with discounted ebay money is an excellent strategy). I guess I'd still be allowed to buy ebay gift cards at Giant with a credit card. So when they're featured again as a gas point special, I'll buy some more. You're probably not going to want to rack up 5-digit gas point balances this way, but most folks reading this will probably find this a reasonable way to get a couple free tanks of gas a month (assuming the ebay cards are featured again).