FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possible HA A321neo Routes?
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2016, 5:30 am
chrisj85

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by azj
This leaves PPG which is an interesting case. Loads are healthy, lots of cargo is carried and the HA service is a lifeline to the folks in American Samoa. HA has always been shy to take the 330 down there, due I would imagine in large part to logistics and fear of taking the "new toy" down there to get beat up by the airport and birds down there. I can't see the 321 replacing the 767 completely for PPG though. Perhaps there will still be the need for maybe 1 weekly widebody and an increase in frequency with the 321. I do however, see PPT migrating to the 321 eventually with an increase in frequency.
N592HA operating as HA 465 hit birds during landing on both HNL-PPG flights this week. I arrived here in PPG on the Monday night flight (we landed safely), and the return was cancelled. Ferry flight came down Tue to pick up everyone then 592 eventually left Wed morning. The same plane hit birds again tonight on landing, cancelling my return flight to HNL. Looks like yet another ferry flight will head down here on Saturday. So - don't see the 321 or the 330 coming here anytime soon.