FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Earning AA Award / Redeemable Miles / RDM on AA, partners (obsolete posts)
Old Apr 8, 2016, 2:34 pm
no2chem

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Arrow ARCHIVE: Earning AA Award / Redeemable Miles / RDM on AA, partners (obsolete posts)

Ok, so it's now April, pretty close to the 2nd half of 2016, and there still hasn't been any update on possibly the worst change to the program.

When, exactly is the change going to happen?

Maybe AA is having severe IT integration problems, given that they can't even fix very basic things like broken 500mi minimums. The reason they only gave "2nd half" is that their IT is so broken they can't even give a month or even quarter....

This seems to be really problematic, given that the text says:

...will earn award miles based on your ticket price (base fare plus any carrier-imposed fees) instead of distance flown, regardless of the date you purchased your ticket.

, making me hold off on all AA ticket purchases for flights after June 1, 2016 (or alternatively just purchasing on other carriers where I know how much I will earn).