FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong First Family forces CX to break airport safety rules
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:17 pm
YuropFlyer

So.. you REALLY think that any similar VIP wouldn't get similar treatment - in fact, IS getting similar treatment, when travelling, worldwide?

Don't make yourself a joke.. yes, technically, when she was flying commercial, she is bound to the same rules (as much as they're a joke) - but so would be Obamas daugther, or Merkels husband.. we all know, that in reality they would get VIP treatment.

In fact, imaging the wife of the PM of the UK forgetting her purse landside.. probably wouldn't even need her mother to get it to her, period. This isn't a security issue, as much as you're trying to make it.
We aren't a nazi Germany and Goebbels propaganda here, where a lie becomes the truth as long as you repeat it enough.

You're free to report this under HK law, which is fine. But reporting something stupid means you're actually reporting it. I hope the reader of "apple" are smart enough to understand what utter bollocks they're feed here.

It would be fine to report if she had been, as an example, used her VIP status to smuggle drugs. Perfectly fine. Albeit I'm sure the good guys that security in HK are (in fact they're pretty slow and lame in my opinion) wouldn't have let her through with drugs. But a forgotten hand luggage, to allow her mother (!) to check it as checkin luggage for her? That's like, you know, absolutely no problem. The luggage will still get checked (where is your "security risk" there???) and just make it to the plane. I don't see a problem. Do you see one?

I recently had a friend of mine making it to PEK _way_ too late. her fault, 100%. It wasn't even traffic jam. Guess what? She was allowed to checkin 15min _after_ checkin deadline (international flight) - she was rushed by staff to the gate, just made her flight. That's service - not "VIP".

Get over it, they didn't "broke the law". They made a (rather stupid) mistake, they probably used their VIP status to bend the (silly) rules a bit, but nothing dangerous happend, no one got put into any kind of risk, it all came out fine.

Just "thanks" to the apple "newspaper", a security staff lost his job. Because he probably bent the rules slightly for a VIP. Wow! I do see things like that 100x times a day, in any country of the world. Is anyone losing their job because of that? No, because no silly "newspaper" is reporting non-issues.

I hope you feel happy about supporting that makes sure people loses their jobs about non-issues. I really hope he doesn't have a family to take care off, and that no children will now go to bed hungry because some opposition newspaper made an elephant out of a fly.

I wonder what the apple "newspaper" would report of Obama's (or any of their others friends) daughter would get a (small) VIP treatment at an airport.. let me guess.. they wouldn't report it all, because it doesn't fit their agenda.

But it apparently does fit Cathay Boy's agenda.. (who apparently likes to make Hitler comparisons, which usually says enough about the poster himself)