FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with Kili/Serengeti/Victoria falls trip
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:15 pm
beyounged

Originally Posted by Dianne_AfricaDirectUSA
Hi beyounged!

I believe that you can fly Nairobi to Livingstone direct but only on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Livingstone is about 20-25 mins by road from Vic Falls. This could be an alternative to your idea of flying JRO - DAR - etc etc...

There is not much to the town of Vic Falls. The area is noted for the Falls itself and the activities available to you because of the Falls. For example, the Livingstone Island Tour with the swim in Angel's Pool (Devil's Pool not open in July) is great for views. So is the Bridge Swing which is a cross between a swing and a Bungee cord right into the Gorge. You could also white water raft. There are day trips for that. The Bridge itself is fairly symbolic historically. It was the vision of Cecil Rhodes and built as part of his vision for a train to run from "Cape To Cairo". If history is your thing, this could be interesting. And a sunset cruise on the Zambezi is always magnificent. Because of the touristy nature of these activities, they are not inexpensive. Just something to factor into the effort to get there and the cost.

Hope this info helps!

Dianne
Africa Direct USA
Hi Dianne!
Thank you it helps a lot. The direct flight to Livingstone costs like crazy so I think I will just fastjet my way through DAR, HRE instead, maybe visiting one of them as well! I am open to all kinds of attractions, and I guess 2 days should be just right for the falls. I can do some of the activities like the swing, but of course I need to forgo some of the others. If you can share any insight in the safari or Kilimanjaro, it will be greatly appreciated~! Of course it will never go as planned but who knows
again, thanks!