FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OSS, One Stop Security Initiative
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2016, 7:45 am
Seat13F_AC_CRJ

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by montrealer
@seat13f_ac_crj - I feel your pain, often do that (Intl-YYZ-YOW), my record being 17 mins from exit from Intl flight to presenting myself at the YOW departure gate. I'm not sure the pax in the seat beside me YYZ-YOW appreciated my sweatiness, though.

You may already be aware - but if the lineup at the YYZ connections security is long and you have Nexus, just take escalator up just to the left of the connections security entrance and use your Nexus to clear normal 3rd floor security more quickly. An annoying extra detour, but often does the trick.
I end up taking the escalator at YYZ at least half the time.

"Rant on:" I love having NEXUS and the benefit that it gives me access to priority screening... in theory. In reality, it only gives me access to a priority queue because once you are through the queue, you end up behind people who went through the normal queue and have either been redirected to the priority lane, or simply shuffled over. This issue recently became a big deal in the US with Pre-Check lanes not being kept dedicated to pre-enrolled travellers. "Rant off"
--
13F