FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2015-19 AA Guide: MIA / Miami International Airport, MCT / Connection, etc.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 2:57 am
rens

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Plat SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Ned1968
1. Frankfurt-Dallas-Miami-Santiago on 9 April - First Class (3 people)

Arriving MIA on AA280 (9:58PM), departing AA957 (10:45PM). Connection time is only 47 minutes. Only one flight a day MIA to SCL so missing it would mean a 24 hour delay; I have a flight booked to Easter Island early Monday morning (LAN) which I would miss if I don't make AA957 on Saturday night. Should I be worried? It looks like AA280 is late 1-2 a week, but on each occasion AA957 seems to depart late; different gates though so not the same plane.

2. On the way back, arrive MIA 5:00am Sunday morning and connect to DFW at 7am (all on AA). I have UK passport/ESTA but wife has US passport. I assume we need to pick up baggage and take through (bit not re-check it). 2 hours ok?
1. This is a very tight connection (minimum connection time is 45 minutes) but is doable, assuming of course that the plane is on time and gets to the gate promptly. This flight feeds the late evening SA flights, so AA does all it can to avoid misconnects. You will need to move quickly, however.
2. Yes, two hours should be ok, but, again, no time to waste. You do need to pick up your bags and drop them at the bag recheck and then go through the security check and to your flight to DFW. All doable within two hours.