FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should JetBlue now buy AS?
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2016, 4:14 pm
radiowell

Originally Posted by Visconti
I certainly hope so!

I really like B6 from JFK (SFO not so much because of having to leave from Intl A) to SFO from T5 and complimentary lounge access for Amex cardholders. The Mint product is really nice and one of the best value propositions, IMO.

Also, with the new Barclays CC at 6 pts + FF pts, at 1.4 cpp, I'd rather spend on B6 than the other carriers, now that VX will be history soon.
+1. Here will be the ideal outcome, selfishly I admit.

1. If DOJ approves AS+VX merger, make them divest LAX and SFO slots to... B6. Expand MINT (hope there are enough MINT A321 deliveries in the future to expand both JFK and BOS!). Expand West Coast if possible.

2. Refit every non-MINT flight with 6 F seats in E190 (could live without F here) and more importantly 8 F seats in A320 and A321 (non-MINT) with VX-like F seats, and give the customers the VX experience, in F and in coach too. B6 has already planned to add new (coach) seats, and with that small number of F seats, I think it will work. For the VX experience in F, no free upgrades (which is not a big deal for B6, which even charges elites for EMS).

One can dream, right?