FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yosemite - Post March 2016
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:54 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by abmj-jr
I suspect that if they must stay inside the Park, they will be the guests of Aramark.
I was hoping you would respond as you are the person most knowledgeable with the park whom I have seen posting. I was certainly surprised to learn about private lodging in the park. I wonder if it goes back to the pre park days when this was sheep grazing land. Perhaps some folks kept private ownership of their land??? Anyway, the official park site says "A variety of lodging options are available in the gateway communities surrounding, and on private land within" (Bolding is mine.)

Private land in Wawona

Occupy Oakland about private land being sold within Yosemite.

Yosemite West is outside park lands. I had thought it was within, but no. I remain confused about whether there is a park gate that one has to enter and leave. Please look at this map and tell me your thoughts.

This page on Yosemite West Lodging says it is within the park. It's probable that he will choose a property there. Next, he needs to figure out the bus situation within Yosemite. He plans to hike from Glacier Point to Bridalview Fall. I found information that says there is parking at Bridalveil but no shuttle. Do you have any suggestion about where he should park?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Apr 5, 2016 at 1:30 pm