FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:51 am
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by starbuk
Is there a good way to find recent trip reports that reference the Four Seasons? We are deciding between StR and the Four Seasons and the only TRs in this thread are not accessible.
I stayed at both in February, and here were my thoughts.

Overall, I felt like the St. Regis property (pools, beach, restaurants) was better, but that the rooms were better maintained at the Four Seasons and the service was also a little more polished.

I don't think you can go wrong with either place, but I'd probably pick the St. Regis again. It was more of a "WOW" property to me (amazing picture spots, larger rooms, etc.), and I felt like the restaurants were better and there was more to do around the resort. That said, there were some small things like nicked up furniture and service glitches that you wouldn't expect at such a high end property. All that said, my view is somewhat skewed because the St. Regis was $300/night less, and I was upgraded as a SPG platinum member to a premier overwater villa with the jacuzzi tub and perfect view. We were also given the buffet breakfast free each morning as the platinum amenity. So I'm not sure how I would have felt in the base room at the St. Regis for the same price as the Four Seasons.

That said, it seems like the St. Regis was always cheaper than the FS, so at $200-300/night cheaper I would always choose the St. Regis even without platinum status. I actually thought switching between the two was fun though, so if you're truly torn and going to be there for 5 or more days, it may be worth switching in the middle to see for yourself.