FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Manila {PHL} (Philippines)
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:01 am
Phil the Flyer

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Prompted by your experience - and with two Conrad Manila reservations (made in December 2015), each for three nights in the first half of August 2016 - I recently e-mailed the Conrad Manila to establish the current status of my own bookings. I have received the following reply from a Conrad Manila Reservations Supervisor:

'I am pleased to inform you that your reservation with us is still active. Our target opening date will be second half of the year, rest assured we will contact you as soon as there will be any update with regards to the opening date.'

To be honest I'm far from happy with this response. Their website currently states - 'This hotel ... is presently accepting reservations for arrival September 1, 2016 and beyond'. If the property knows they will not open until after the date of my reservations then the Conrad should just come out and say so; I am not prepared to be sent to another hotel at the whim of the Conrad. I'll be replying to the Conrad's e-mail along these lines.
Latest response received from Conrad Manila to my follow-up e-mail:

'As of now target opening date is June 1, 2016 but pre-selling date online has been moved to September 2016 because we are not expected to open full inventory by June. Please be assured we'll keep you posted should there be any changes.'

I can't allow such ongoing uncertainty to possibly screw-up the travel plans of my family. With regret I'm cancelling my August bookings.