FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska confirms: 'travel hackers' killed their Emirates Offerings
Old Apr 3, 2016, 7:38 pm
uclacolumbiaunc

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
If you think building an audience for your writing that's sufficient to support you or generate any significant income isn't a job, go and try it sometime and see how it works for you.

Nobody made the crowd on FlyerTalk the only proper recipient of any knowledge regarding the tricks of frequent flying, manufactured spending, deals and card churning. Taken to a logical extreme, nobody gets anything ever because we're all selfish and keep things to ourselves because it all needs to be mine, mine, mine, and telling secrets means it ruins the deal eventually. You're competing with me for that CX F seat, right? We can't both sit in it at the same time.

Do bloggers have a motive that's obviously financial and more that just "I'm helping people"? Duh. They're helping people and making good money for it. But try looking at this site without an ad blocker sometime and you will see that this site shills credit cards too. Your posts and page views are making the folks at Internet Brands money. Do you think that they somehow are morally superior to a blogger? I tend to not think so.
He doesn't have to brag about it and have every news agency publish his experience so much that airlines take notice and start cracking down. No other blogger does it to the extreme that this idiot goes.