FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Biggest Whopper you've heard from a UA Pilot, Flight Attendant, Gate or Ticket Agent?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:32 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rjburns
Was waiting in JAX for a flight to IAD. The inbound aircraft arrives, the pilot gets off and tells the gate agent that there is a major mechanical problem and it will be at least an hour delay. The mechanics arrive and work on the plane for an hour. The mechanics, pilots and gate agents convene at the podium. Th mechanic tells everyone that the gonkulator (or whatever) cannot be repaired and they need to fly in a a new part - no way this plane leaves until the following day. After a quick conference and phone call to dispatch, the flight is cancelled - for weather. That was the last flight to IAD. They won´t put people up for the night and they won´t rebook on other airlines. Weather, they said. Everybody in the gate area knew that was complete BS. This was my last flight on United, hopefully forever.
JAX has some of the most abysmal UA customer service in the system -- the only time I've ever written to any company to complain about a specific, named, employee was due to some blatant lies and dismissive behavior during a similar IROPS situation. Fortunately reservations was able to get me rebooked on AA because I was getting no help from the "lady" at the podium....