FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:23 pm
Susiew237

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
IC Fiji

IC FIJI
Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked club room, received club plunge pool room using BOGO. Also booked 1 night with points, paid an extra $460 FJD to get to club which was then upgraded to the plunge as well.

How are the rooms?
Perfectly fine for me. Good sized bedroom, comfortable bed, large bathroom, with separate shower and toilet area. The Cleopatra bath is actually out on the deck area though but you can pull curtains for privacy. 2 wardrobe areas. Large lounge area with dining table.

How is the exec. lounge?
I particularly love this lounge. At the top of the resort. Very peaceful. Lovely staff here. Does a good breakfast spread in a nice peaceful environment. You can also have breakfast in the main restaurant Sansana (think feeding time at the zoo) or Navo, their fine dining restaurant (I wouldn't bother) Afternoon tea available from 3-5pm. evening drinks and canapés from 5.30 to 7.30 pm. The canapés selection is usually 3 hot, 3 cold. They may have had some nibbles like cheese and crackers available but I didn't notice or look. They do have a selection of cocktails you can choose from at the evening drinks.

What was good and what was bad?
I just love the club experience here, it is totally worth it in my opinion. Really enjoyed having a club plunge room this time. Have had one at a cooler time of the year and not so much, so if the weather is really warm, I would say do it.

Some people don't like being up the hill and away from the action. I find it hard to believe that some people think its a long walk. You can be down at reception in less than 2 minutes. You can catch a buggy or bula bus up to the club if you don't want to walk it.

No minibar per se, or at least alcohol, which is fine. Your snacks and beverages in the minibar are complimentary though which is nice (club rooms). Suggest you pick up some duty free on your way if you like a drink in your room.

Dinner at Navo (fine dining restaurant) was disappointing and overpriced. I fully expect to pay resort prices when I am away, that is fine, but I expect the meal and service to be outstanding. To be fair, I spoke to the chef about our dishes and he was happy to receive the feedback and took an item off our bill. Perhaps Fijian chefs trying to cook something Italian doesn't work!

I also had a spa treatment, which while the treatment itself was lovely, there were some issues at the spa which needed addressing. It was not a 5 star experience. I was lucky enough to speak to the Guest Services manager on our last night and I mentioned the issues I had and he gave me a discount. Nice, and not expected at all, as I say, the treatment was still very good. So I hope that some changes will be made sooner rather than later in ensuring this spa is still top notch.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
For me, yes I'll always return. I love it here and being only 3 hours away from home makes it easily accessible. Club rooms are approx. $1100 FJD a night, plunge probably $1400FJD. Up to each person to decide the value. If using points take a punt and hope for an upgrade to club but I'd happily pay for the difference to be sure.