FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ON THE ROAD AGAIN: Breaking Through the Five Million Mile Threshold in Style
Old Apr 3, 2016, 2:45 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by TPJ
Congrats! Great report!
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Great TR! No one does it better!
Originally Posted by Wickersley
Outstanding Sir! Bravo on your achievement.
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
As always - your awesomeness - absolutely outstanding and congratulations on the 5 million.
Originally Posted by Christickler
Enjoyed every word. Filled my evening stuck in a CPH airport hotel very nicely. Thank you very much, you are indeed a gentleman and a scholar...
Originally Posted by UAL250
Well done as always. Thank you for sharing with us. Congrats!
Thanks, gang! I am indeed honored to have so many appreciative readers. Thanks for both reading and for your kind words. ^^

Originally Posted by pacman3
I am lucky enough to be able to experience EK's F class service from the West Coast (LAX, typically) 2 or 3 times a year to DXB onward to Jeddah, where I have a second home. Your travelogues capture the essence of F class travel across the globe.

Thank you for your written narratives, punctuated with photographs. For those of us who still read, your experiential descriptions are so welcome. Again, thanks, 2A - I'll think of you on my EK journey from LAX (starting in PDX) to JED next month.
Thank you so much, pacman3. In this day and age, good old fashioned trip reporting is under appreciated, so thank you for the props! Ideally the positive reception to my reports might inspire more people to have a go at writing their TRs, though I'll not be holding my breath.

As you must have heard by now, the redemption levels for First Class award travel on EK via Alaska's Mileage Plan have recently increased about 80%. I am thankful that over the past three years I've been able to enjoy EK's magnificent First Class on a number of occasions. Alas, unless I win a contest or the lottery, it would appear my days of flying EK F are over.

Originally Posted by Strawb
I imagined myself in your shoes and choosing which dishes I would have liked to try before reading each part of your meal descriptions. I haven't flown International First Class for a while and this has truly inspired me to book another trip this year.
Mission accomplished! I'm glad you were able to come along for the ride, Strawb, and I wish you happy contrails on your upcoming First Class adventure!

I've got to take a break here to head into town and run a few errands in preparation for another sizeable trip that I'm leaving on tomorrow. I'll get back to more responses later this afternoon. Thanks again, everyone!