FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mrs. "No way am I going to India"... goes to India via Etihad & Singapore First
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:09 am
Genius1
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
An enjoyable read, SFO777 ^

The BE Diamond seats that UA have on their international 757 in BusinessFirst are the same as the AA transcontinental Business Class seats on the A321. I agree they’re pretty comfortable, but the footwell is quite narrow and the seats aren’t particularly wide or private.

I like EY’s onboard cabin styling, but their lounges are a little too ‘cold’ in design IMO. Their onboard catering looks great. It’s a shame that their ground product at AUH doesn’t match their onboard service. Simply things like premium buses (although I’m not sure to what extent a bus can actually be premium) and properly enforced priority boarding make all the difference.

The Oberoi in Delhi looks pretty dated, but luxurious nonetheless. Some nice images from around Delhi, bringing back memories of my first trip to India last summer (Bangalore) - I particularly liked the architecture shown on your second day. The aircraft with the birds over the archway is an excellent photo.

AI is one airline I’m keen to steer well clear of. Looks dreadful - particularly the catering!

What an amazing property the Rambagh Palace is - truly beautiful. Jaipur itself looks equally lovely - definitely adding that to my places to visit list.

The Oberoi in Mumbai doesn’t look bad, and the room is not what I would call ‘crappy’. Sure, it’s not as luxurious as some, but it’s not exactly horrid. Mumbai is so much nicer than Delhi - another city I’d be keen to visit.

The Private Room is so elegant. It’s a shame about a few dishes onboard not being great, and SQ’s ground product not being up to scratch. The styling of the interior cabins is very much to my taste, which is not something that can be said about the ANA lounge.