FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Glutton for Punishment: red eye, new world's longest flight & more, in comfort?
Old Apr 2, 2016, 8:52 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Sydney transit

There was a queue, or rather two lines of queues, at transfer security, but it was moving quickly enough. I picked the line that was not getting the nudeoscope. Since I was not first through (which is often the case) I also avoided the non-random explosives test. Up the lift 2 floors for the lounge.

The Qantas first class lounge is pretty good, and they have some great staff. As usual I was welcomed back before I even had a chance to show my boarding pass.

I was grabbing a(nother) drink of bubbles when wijomas found me. The champagne selection today was Veuve Clicquot, G.H. Mumm's Rose and Taittinger. The Perrier Jouet mentioned on the menu was not available. Overall the bubbles offering seems not as nice as on previous visits.

Since I'd eaten onboard the previous flight I didn't bother with eating in the lounge. The lounge food is generally better, and with more options. If I skip breakfast onboard then I'll eat in the lounge. But not today, especially as lunch is served quite early on my onward flight. The breakfast menu lasts until 11:30am (in practice midday). When this lounge first opened breakfast was only until 10 or 10:30am before the all day menu takes over.

I had a shower to freshen up. I tend to take these whenever I get the chance because you don't know what mishaps may arise that foul up travel plans so that another shower is not possible until much later on. Besides which, a shower rejuvenates my mind as well my body.

A couple of glasses later it was time to leave for the gate.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Apr 2, 2016 at 8:57 pm