FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Budapest for a day. OS and LX J-Class
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2016, 5:09 pm
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
BUD->ZRH
LX J - Fokker 100
Operated by Helvetic Air

After a late night of beer drinking, I made it back to the hotel for a couple hours of sleep. From there, a taxi ride back to BUD for my return home.

A bit more security presence noted at BUD, including a couple of military-style armored vehicles on station at the airport entrance. Check in with Swiss was smooth, a priority line through security, and I was airside.

Swiss invited me to the Platinum Services lounge, which was basic but serviceable for the outstation setup.

No restrooms inside the lounge though, and it seemed half the restrooms in the airport were under construction and closed. By boarding time, there was a line out the doors for both men and women.

There was also a distinct lack of power outlets, though without an adapter they wouldn't have been much use to me anyway.

Soon enough it was time for boarding and I was off to my first Fokker ride.

PSU with air vents! Miss those on many European/Asian carriers.

At boarding, there was already a small bottle of water and a package towel at the seat. Very nice touch.

On climb out view of BUD. Large, blocky apartment complexes looking pretty cool in their multi-colored glory.

Scenic view

After-breakfast coffee with logo'd Swiss chocolate