FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with Kili/Serengeti/Victoria falls trip
Old Apr 2, 2016, 4:26 pm
beyounged

Originally Posted by rivlinm
Cant help you on price for safari or vic falls, but just got back from Kili. We blocked 10 days (2 before, 7 climbing, 1 after) for kili before flying on precision air (PW) to ZNZ and eventually on to NBO for safari.

You can do kili much faster, but with risk. First, it's africa and things can go wrong in a hurry. Second, the longer you take to climb kili, the more successful you will be. Some folks need that extra day to acclimatize to the elevation. Others are fine with the 5 day Marangu 'cocacola' route to the top.

Nothing much to do in moshi, but spent a day walking around before. I had tried to arrange a flight to fly over lake natron, but never could pull it off. Next time I'll have to go overland.

I know this doesnt help since you already booked your flight, but QR flies to JRO direct (sometimes through znz) and that may save you time and money as opposed to dealing with NBO. I chose to do my safari in the mara rather than Serengeti. Good luck.
Thanks! the deal only works to NBO I believe, as I plug in JRO price goes through the roof. I believe I will simply dwell in NBO for 1 day for rest and push on to Kili, I will do a 7 day hike with 1 day on each side and a 5 day safari from Moshi/Arusha. Then I precision air to DAR or ZNZ and directly fly to Harare for 2 days, then onto Vic. Falls and 2 days later to JNB... so cramped but i guess it is the price I pay for not being really thinking.