FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starwood: "Marriott and Starwood stockholders approve merger"
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:51 am
RCyyz

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by choco
Anbang will be what's best for America, American people, American jobs.
From my previous posts it's pretty obvious that I'm in favour of Anbang and hope like heck that MAR does not win SPG.

That said, let's remember that while SPG is an American company, this is not really about America or American jobs. SPG operates globally. I'm sure many of the job cuts under a MAR deal would be in HOTs head office (in America) but many job losses would be in whatever properties MAR decides to close / sell. At least some of those properties would not be in America.

Originally Posted by yeunganson
But when China opened up and signed free trade agreement with USA, Chinese took all the manufacturing jobs from America's middle class.
I think another perspective here comes from the business focus. American execs decided to increase profits by exporting jobs from the US to where it was cheap.

Anyway, all this is somewhat political so I'll abstain from saying more on this topic. I just hope Anbang wins so that SPG stays more or less like the SPG I know & love!